Studyhatch Forum -Income Tax

We ensure that the quality of answers will resolve your problem.

Are there any bonds in which I can invest my capital gains to claim tax relief? ?

Yes, as per section 54EC? you can claim tax relief by investing the long-term capital gains in the bonds issued by the National Highway Authority of India or by the Rural Electrification Corporation Limited. The investment should be made within a period of 6 months from the date of transfer of capital asset and bonds should not be redeemed before 3 years. This benefit cannot be availed in respect of short-term capital gain. Maximum amount which qualifies for investment will be Rs. 50,00,000. Thus, deduction under section 54EC? cannot be claimed for more than Rs. 50,00,000. ?

leave us a comment :-