Studyhatch Forum -Service tax

We ensure that the quality of answers will resolve your problem.

What is the procedure for Registration? Who should be approached for Service Tax Registration?

A prospective Service Tax assessee (service provider or service receiver) or ?Input Service Distributor? seeking registration should file an application in Form ST-1 (in duplicate) before the jurisdictional Central Excise/Service Tax officer. To verify the correctness of declaration in the said form, certain documents such as copy of PAN card, proof of address of business premise(s), constitution of the business [proprietorship, firm, company, trust, institute etc.] etc. may be required by the registering authority. The copies may be self-certified by the applicant. In case of doubts in select cases, original documents may have to be presented for verification.

leave us a comment :-